The United States Government, in partnership with the Association of the Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Underwriters Laboratories, aims to strengthen ASEAN science and technology capacity and gender equality through an annual Underwriters Laboratories-ASEAN-U.S. Science Prize for Women (Prize Award). This year’s Prize Awards are open to female scientists in two categories: Mid-Career Scientists (45 years old or younger) and Senior Scientists (over 45 years old) for outstanding research in Clean Air and Clean Water.
The Prize Awards recipients will be judged based on the applicants’ works to improve society through sustainability and their acts as role models for other women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). The applicants will also be judged on their contribution to the development for science, technology, and/or innovation towards clean air and/or clean water in ASEAN.
The winner of each category will receive recognition for their achievements along with cash awards of $15,000 for the Senior Scientist and $10,000 for the Mid-career Scientist. Separate provisions will be made to cover the travel, food, and lodging expenses for the two Regional Finalists of each category to attend a pitch competition cum award ceremony.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
• Female professional working in applied science
• Citizen of an ASEAN Member State (AMS), including Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
• Holder a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree. Applicant who is candidate for, or in process of pursuing a PhD or doctoral degree are NOT eligible.
• To qualify for the Mid-career Scientist category, the applicant must be 45 years or below on the closing date of the application period.
• To qualify for the Senior Scientist category, the applicant must be aged 46 or older on the closing date of the application period.
Application Requirements and Deadline
Applicants should submit the following documents by Monday, 22 March 2021
1. A completed application form (Downloaded via https://scienceprize4women.asean.org/index.php/2019/11/21/application-requirements-documents-2/testimonial/)
2. A curriculum vitae (CV)
3. A letter of recommendation submitted by an academic or professional contact
4. A letter of support submitted by a mentee or other women who have been impacted by the applicant
*Documents 1 and 2 are to be submitted online at www.scienceprize4women.asean.org
**Documents 3 and 4 are to be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the referees.
For more information, please visit: https://scienceprize4women.asean.org/